Students enrolled in a Rockshop Academy Summer Session engage in a week of intensive exposure, learning band performance, basic writing techniques, band marketing and imaging. Students will form bands, learn about song composition and arrangement, and perform a live concert, with the guidance of the Rockshop Academy Pros & Advisors.
Through a combination of playing as a group, and break-out sessions involving specific instruments, students will learn the essential elements necessary to play in a band and the basic tools to easily write a song.
Summer sessions culminate in a live performance open to the public at Rockshop Academy.
Weeklong Summer Sessions Include:
- Hands on instruction and constructive critique from RA Instructors on how to play with a band.
- Exposure and access to RA Advisors — professionals working at some of the biggest music and media companies in the business.
- Discounts for one full year on Rockshop Academy rehearsal space.
- Free admission to any appearance by visiting Rockshop Advisors during the summer sessions, covering music industry topics relevant to all aspiring musicians.
- The most inspirational time of your life making music and making friends!
2017 Summer Sessions
June 12-16 June 19-23, June 26-30 July 10-14
July 17-22 July 24-28 July 31-August 4 August 7-11
(Students bring sack lunch M-Th, pizza provided Friday)
Open to all aspiring musicians between the ages of 10 and 17.
Sessions are $399 per week.
Register by May 31, 2017 and receive $50 off per week.
Additional weeks are available at a discount.
"It refreshes my drive for practicing and playing more and more, to see how good I can actually get." — Wyatt D.